8 WEEK TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE
Recipe of the Week - Lunch
Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps
A fantastic dairy and gluten free, and low carb lunch!
· 1¼ lb 99% fat-free lean ground turkey
· 1½ tsp chili powder
· 1 tsp cumin
· 1 tsp dried oregano
· ¼ tsp salt
· 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
· 1 (4.5 oz) can chopped green chiles
· 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
· 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
· ½ cup (or more) chunky salsa
· 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
· Juice of half a lime
· 12 butter lettuce leaves
· Toppings (optional): shredded cheese, avocado, sour cream
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground turkey until it begins to crumble and brown. Add chili powder, cumin and oregano and continue cooking until turkey is browned and completely cooked.
Stir in tomatoes, green chiles, corn, black beans, salsa and cilantro. Cook about 5 more minutes until heated through then mix in lime juice.
Add about ¼ cup turkey mixture to each lettuce cup, add desired toppings and enjoy!